The first month of the new decade saw a whirlwind of activity in Miami's food world. Several restaurants opened, including Mila on Lincoln Road and Kuba Cabana in Doral. Tavern in the Grove, a beloved Coconut Grove bar, shuttered, as did Zest in downtown Miami. However, on the horizon, look forward to G.L.O.W. in Wynwood and the first phase of the Doral Yard.
- Benihana. 1665 79th St. Cswy., North Bay Village, 305-866-2768; benihana.com.
- Caracas Bakery. 7884 NW 52nd St., Doral; 305-979-6450.
- Fuego y Mar. The Ritz-Carlton South Beach, 1 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 786-276-4000; ritzcarlton.com.
- The Garden. 220 21st St., Miami Beach; 786-860-7178; thegardensouthbeach.com.
- Kuba Cabana. CityPlace Doral, 3450 NW 83rd Ave., #140, Doral; 305-800-5822; kubamiami.com.
- La Gringa Tostaderia at Time Out Market Miami. 1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach; timeoutmarket.com/miami.
- Mila. 800 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 786-706-0744; milarestaurant.com.
- Morrofino Barcelona. 1500 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 786-628-6373; morrofinobarcelona.com.
- Nativo Kitchen + Bar. 1395 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-6529; nativokitchenandbar.com.
- The Nest. 723 Lincoln Ln. N., Miami Beach; thelincolneatery.com.
- Omakai Sushi. 2107 NW Second Ave., Miami; 786-579-9995; omakaisushi.com.
- Orilla Bar & Grill. 426 Euclid Ave., Miami Beach; 305-397-8806; orillia.restaurant.
- Pink Taco. 1200 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; pinktaco.com.
- Seasins Miami. 808 First St., Miami Beach; 786-975-2338; seasinsmiami.com.
- Shuckers South Beach. 1120 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 305-674-7800; shuckers-southbeach.business.site.
- Society BBQ at the Citadel. 8300 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-908-3849; thecitadelmiami.com.
- Terras. 528 SW Ninth Ave., Miami; 786-574-3775; lifehousehotels.com.
- Tur Kitchen. 259 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables; 786-483-8014; turkitchen.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Devon Seafood & Steak
- Dirt (South Beach and Brickell locations)
- Tavern in the Grove
- Afishionado - Jeremy Ford to open seafood eatery
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Bachour Bakery and Restaurant - Opening in Doral
- The Baked Bear - Coming to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Bebitos - Jason Odio to open a modern version of a Cuban cafe
- Biscayne Bay Brewing - Opening a second location, in downtown Miami
- Bonci - Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Botanico Gin - Opening in CocoWalk
- Brasamasa - Opening in downtown Miami
- Bulla Gastrobar - Slated to open at the Falls February 29, 2020
- Bunnie Cakes - Opening a location in downtown Doral
- Burger Beast Burger Joint inside Mojo Donuts & Fried Chicken - Burger Beast set to open a burger joint
- El Bagel - Opening permanent spot on Miami's Upper Eastside
- The Cat's Meow Cafe - Cat café coming to MiMo
- Cote - Michelin-starred Korean steakhouse to open in Miami
- Champion Burger - New burger concept from the Coyo Taco people
- Dalia at the Celino South Beach Hotel - Opening in South Beach
- Descarga Brewing Company - Opening in North Miami
- The Doral Yard - Della Heiman's community, food, and drink hub opening in Doral
- Esplanade at Aventura - New dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Jarana and more
- G.L.O.W. - Fro-yo shop that donates all proceeds to charity set to open in Wynwood
- Gramps 2 - Opening 2020
- Gramps by the Sea - Opening 2021
- Greystone Miami Beach - Opening in Miami Beach with several dining concepts.
- Hiyakawa - Wabi Sabi chef opening Wynwood restaurant
- Icebox Cafe - opening in Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale Beach
- Ironside Bakery - Fresh bread coming to Miami
- Joia Beach - Upscale alfresco dining and beach club on Watson Island
- Little Hen - Breakfast and high tea opening in Midtown Miami
- Lost City Brewing Company - Coming to North Miami
- The Loyal - New York brasserie coming to Miami
- Mr. & Mrs. Bun - Opening location in mid-February
- Marabú at Brickell City Centre - Opening in early 2020
- Margot - Bar Lab opening a wine bar in downtown Miami
- Marlins Park Beer Garden - the baseball stadium will get a beer garden
- Off Site - Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) opening a nanobrewery in Little Haiti
- Osteria Morini - Opening at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in spring 2020
- Planta - Opening a second Miami-area location, in Coconut Grove
- Punch Bowl Social - Opening in Wynwood
- Riverside - Mixed-use facility and brewhouse in Brickell
- Sexy Fish - Opening in Brickell
- Sushi Garage - Opening in CocoWalk
- Sweetgreen - healthy chain opening Miami locations
- True Food Kitchen - health-driven restaurant and bar opening at the Falls in fall 2020
- Uchi - Texas sushi coming to Miami
- Unbranded Brewing Company - Hialeah's first brewery
- Whole Foods Market - Proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
- Yeasty Brews - New brewery celebrating the fermentation process