How We Work
New Times has been South Florida's leading independent news source since 1987. Every day, we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, arts, and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Our sales department of professional multimedia account executives works towards cultivating and growing relationships with local and national businesses.
The marketing team works daily to promote all aspects of the New Times brand to increase our reach and awareness to keep readers engaged. The team also manages all of New Times’ signature events, which happen throughout the year.
The production department handles the layout of the paper, working hand-in-hand with the editor and publisher to keep content fresh and engaging from week to week.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
|Multi Media Advertising Sales Executive||Sales||Miami|
We are seeking a smart, driven, and energetic individual looking for a career in media sales. The media industry is in an exciting state of change and Miami New Times is growing exponentially. As such, we need a highly ambitious sales person with a desire to exceed sales goals and grow with us. We pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results.
This person will be responsible for growing advertising revenues through the consultative sale of both print and digital solutions including newspaper, specialty publications, digital display, SEO, PPC, paid media, social media, mobile, programmatic, IP targeting, e-mail, mobile advertising, website development and local services with a primary responsibility of acquiring new clients. We continue to launch new products and initiatives so opportunities abound.
We offer a competitive salary with uncapped commissions, additional bonus incentives and career growth opportunity. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid time off, company paid holidays and a 401(k). Candidates must have personal transportation and must pass a background check.
• A proven track record in sales
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to self-generate leads
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Digital, Radio, Cable, Print, or Media advertising sales experience a plus.
If you are a true sales trailblazer looking to evolve, grow, and deliver custom solutions to local business, then we want to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org