Memorial Day ranks as one of the biggest movie-going weekends of the year. The start of summer blockbuster season, millions of theater-goers run to the multiplex to beat the heat and be one of the first to see what's bigger, faster and funnier this year.
According to NBC, The Hangover Part II made a mind-blowing $86.4 million this past weekend. That's a lot of dough! Speaking of dough, though we couldn't find any Hangover-themed cupcakes, we did find plenty of other movie blockbusters immortalized in sugary goodness. Here's our top ten:
10: Titanic: These cupcakes form the Atlantic ocean, complete with Titanic, floating icebergs and life rafts.
9. The Wizard of Oz: Toto, I don't think we're in the bakery, anymore.
8. Shrek: Shrek, Donkey and Princess Fiona are all green cupcakes. Wait...Donkey's an Ogre?
7. Steel Magnolias: Not technically a "blockbuster", these cupcakes were so creeptastic, we had to include them on the list.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Arrr.... methinks these are rum cake, matey...
3. Twilight: Team Edward and Team Jacob are represented. We're hoping these are jelly filled.
2. Star Wars: Thankfully there are no Jar Jar Binks cupcakes.
1. Avatar: Forget the Oscar, they have a cupcake. Now that's hitting the big time.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.