Food News Roundup: Junk Food, Burger King, Passover, and Dream Water
- "Scientists in Florida say overeaters are addicted to junk food in the same way drug addicts are addicted to cocaine and heroin." [AllHeadlineNews]
- "Project Downtown, an organization that started about two years ago in Miami and now has branches other U.S. cities," continues feeding the homeless. [VOAnews]
- Burger King stock goes up, investors make predictions based on double cheeseburger sales. [BusinessWeek]
- Hotels around the world find a cash cow in Jewish Passover tourism, and the Fontainebleau is in on the action. [TheAtlantic]
- Pasco County Florida considers new food and beverage tax to fund homelessness relief efforts, look to Miami-Dade as a success story. [WTSP]
- Dream Water from Miami part of the new wave of "relaxation beverages" on the market whose effects are opposite to energy drinks. [WallStreetJournal]
- Miami Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter arrested in a fast food parking lot for DUI. [NBCsports]
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...