Being single on Valentine's Day doesn't have to be lonely, especially when finding a date is as easy as swiping right. And though first dates can be daunting — "Where do I go?" "Do I need reservations?" — these full-proof Tinder meetups avoid all the rigmarole and guarantee a good time, no matter how poorly the date might go.
1. Mr Kream. If you both share a love of hip-hop and frozen desserts, meet at Mr. Kream. The hip-hop-themed ice-cream shop is the perfect icebreaker. Grab a Lil Yachty sundae and discuss the Biggie and Tupac conundrum over three scoops with your choice of toppings ($10). 2400 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-659-4541; mrkreamwynwood.com.
2. Gramps. Drag star Ms. Toto reigns supreme Wednesdays at Gramps with her weekly bingo night. Grab a few drinks at the bar and a slice at Pizza Tropical on the patio before game time and enjoy an interactive date brimming with laughs and some friendly competition. Bingo begins at 9 p.m., and pizza costs about $4.50 a slice. 176 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-699-2669; gramps.com.
3. MIA Beer Company. The Doral brewery offers a selection of noteworthy brews and a welcoming atmosphere, which makes for the perfect starting point for that first encounter. Order two flights ($8 each) and share. Once that buzz kicks in, engage in some light flirting by critiquing each other's beer choices and playing old-school board games. 10400 NW 33rd St., #150, Doral; 786-801-1721; mia.beer.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
4. Topgolf. What's better than golf? Golf with cocktails! At this spot with more than 100 climate-controlled hitting bays, gimmicky drinks, and a rooftop fireplace, you'll fall in love before your date even arrives. The cost per bay is $45, which can be shared among up to six people. 17321 NW Seventh Ave., Miami Gardens; 305-357-6151; topgolf.com.
5. The Wynwood Yard. The Yard is a one-stop shop for date night. Fitness fans can meet for a yoga class ($13) at 6:15 p.m. and then enjoy some hibiscus matcha from Yoko Matcha ($4.50) or a Love Bowl from Della's Test Kitchen ($11). For a less intensive rendezvous, meet for happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m., grab a bite from one of the Yard's resident food trucks, and get cozy with some live jazz on the green at 8 p.m. 56 NW 29th St., Miami; 305-351-0366; thewynwoodyard.com.