Dads are often the unsung heroes of the world, doling our cash, car keys, and wisdom -- only to take the backseat when it comes to praise and affection.
This Sunday, we suggest taking your dad aside after the family brunch and whisking him off for a little one-on-one time over a drink.
These are the best places in Miami to toast the most important man in your life.
5. There's nothing better than a fresh beer and there's no beer in Miami fresher than at Schnebly Redland's Winery and Brewery. Treat dad to a growler special, which includes a 32 ounce growler filled with the beer of his choice and two souvenir pint glasses ($30). $30 also gets you a bottle of Cat 2 Hurricane Vino (in red or white) and two "ultimate" wine glasses.
4. Serendipity 3 has two different drinks especially for Dad this weekend. The "Scotch Daddy" ($10) features premium Scotch, lemon juice, agave syrup, egg whites, mint leaves, and cayenne pepper for a kick. If dad prefers beer to spirits, the "Father's Day Shandy" ($8) will see his beer of choice mixed with ginger ale and fresh lemon to make a refreshing celebratory libation.
3. While some may consider the Bellini ($17) a feminine drink, nothing could be farther from the truth. The cocktail, invented by Giuseppe Cipriani at Harry's Bar in Venice in 1948 as a way to incorporate local white peaches into a drink, was named after 15th century Venetian artist Giovanni Bellini. If you can't hop a flight to Italy, take your history-loving dad to Cipriani Downtown Miami for a few drinks.
2. If your dad's idea of a good time is hanging out in the backyard with a Budweiser, it's time you opened his horizons to a world of craft beer. And there's no better place (or time) than at World of Beer on Father's Day, where the megapolis of suds is featuring half-priced select drafts and Rogues Daddy's Little Helper all day long! Once dad's hooked on hops, sign him up for the WOB Loyalty card ($15), which keeps track of all the craft beers he'll be drinking from now on, rewarding him with swag in return.
1. There is no better way to toast dad than with America's own spirit -- bourbon. As fitting a restaurant specializing in southern cuisine and sensibilities, Yardbird Southern Table and Bar has a fantastic bourbon selection, including the ultra-rare and highly coveted Pappy Van Winkles. But, what really sets us off the ground is their bourbon flights, selected with care by 50 Eggs' beverage director Allegra Angelo. Our top pick for dad? The King of Wheat, a flight of bourbons made with wheat instead of rye. These fine spirits are loved for their smoothness and slight sweetness. The flight ($37) features Maker's Mark, William Larue Weller, and Pappy Van Winkle 12 year.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.