Welcome to February. This short month is jam-packed with events, but we'll take it one week at a time. From celebrating Black History Month to gearing up for Valentine's Day, Miami provides no shortage of ways to make the most of the next 29 days — and we'll help you do it all free of charge.
- International Noise Conference Pre-Party at Gramps: Get pumped for the oncoming insanity.
- Free Yoga at Bayfront Park: Sweat out those boozy postweekend toxins.
- International Noise Conference at Churchill's: INC returns for its 14th year of bizarre performance and music mania, with five days of more than 150 bands.
- First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare at the Frost Art Museum: View the national traveling exhibition organized by the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., which contains the 1623 original edition of the playwright’s first published collection.
- Selma at SoundScape: Catch Ava DuVernay's story of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., starring David Oyelowo, Carmen Ejogo, Oprah Winfrey, and Tom Wilkinson.
- Much Ado About Nothing at the Frost Art Museum: Celebrate the Frost's new Shakespeare-centered exhibition with the film adaptation of the Bard's comedy, shown on the museum lawn.
- Tech Beach Networker at Radio Bar: Talk shop with local techies over cocktails.
- Neighborhood Jam at Yeelen Gallery: Join locals in the art community and beyond for a conversation and ideation session about the future of Little Haiti and Little River.
- Nicole Eisenman at Palm Court: ICA Miami welcomes artist and recent MacArthur Genius Fellowship recipient Nicole Eisenman, who is known for her paintings, drawings, and mixed-media works of cartoonish figures that evoke lifelike pathos.
- Giralda Under the Stars on Giralda Avenue: Take a stroll through Coral Gables' outdoor activities, featuring a mime, a caricaturist, live music by guitarist Mario Vuksanovic, and romantic movies under the stars.
- Iva Gueorguieva at Fredric Snitzer Gallery: Join the opening reception of the gallery's latest exhibition, which features new paintings and sculptures by acclaimed artist Iva Gueorguieva.
- Natalie Moore at Books & Books: Moore welcomes all those seeking romance to the official Miami book launch of It's a Match! The Guide to Finding Lasting Love, which teaches readers how to succeed in today's modern dating world.