Happy Monday, Miamians. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
- Music at Government Center: Start your week off with a free concert during your Monday-morning commute.
Lecture: “Realizing Sea Level Solutions” at FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios: Join Dr. Todd Crowl, director of the Institute of Water and Environment, for a discussion of Miami's sea-level rise solutions.
- FitCamp Classes in South Beach: Head to 23rd Street and Collins Avenue for a free South Beach FitCamp class. Call 305-587-8220.
- Food Bank Brews at Concrete Beach Brewery: Support Hunger Action Month by bringing a nonperishable food item to the brewery.
Enter the World of Virtual Reality With Sivan Iram at the Idea Center at Miami Dade College: Learn about how virtual and augmented reality will change the world.
- Free Admission to Pérez Art Museum Miami: Snag free admission until 9 p.m.
- Free Admission to the Wolfsonian-FIU: From 6 to 9 p.m., the museum offers complimentary admission and tours of exhibitions.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.