Fall is finally here, and with the (relatively) crisper air comes a buzz of activity. Autumn is the busiest time of year, as bistros and bars strive to open their doors in time for the lucrative tourist and event season.
We've already seen a surge in opening activity, with major players like Michael Pirolo and Jen Chaefsky's Bazi, Jamie DeRosa's Izzy's Fish & Oyster, and Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Company by restaurateur David Martinez, Blackbird Ordinary's Dan Binkiewicz, and world-class bartender John Lermayer opening their doors tin September.
Big names to look out for in the coming months include NaiYaRa, Chef Bee's Thai street food concept, Harry's Pizzeria in Coconut Grove, Dale Talde's Talde at the Thompson Miami Beach Hotel, and Alex Guarnaschelli's Nautilus Cabana Club.
This month's closings included family friendly Johnny Rockets at bustling Aventura Mall, Iron Chef Morimoto's SoBe restaurant, and Biscayne Diner.
- Bazi at South Beach's Marlin Hotel (1200 Collins Ave., Miami Beach)
Drinkhouse Fire & Ice
- Firito Taco (1071 NE 79th St., Miami)
- Gianni's at The Villa (1116 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach)
Izzy's Fish & Oyster
- Habit Burger (9971 West Flagler St., Miami)
- Island Burger at Jungle Island
Lung Yai Thai Tapas
- Plethore & Balthazar at the Hilton Bentley Hotel
- Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Company (237-B 20th St., Miami Beach)
- Uncle Tom's Barbecue (128 N. Krome Ave., Homestead)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Biscayne Diner
- Johnny Rockets
Projects in the Works
- Magnum Lounge - Bar Lab taking over the operation of the iconic Miami Piano Bar.
- Jugofresh's Matthew Sherman and Darren Laszlo plan to open a new concept in Sunset Harbour.
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a location in Miami for a taco restaurant.
- Joel Robuchon to open four concepts in Design District.
- Jean-George Vongerichten opening a restaurant in the Design District
- Arjun Wanjey, a partner at Zuma and Coya, will open a French restaurant in Brickell in the coming year.