March saw the opening of some interesting concepts — from a food hall in South Miami to an upscale barbecue restaurant by Michael Mina and Ayesha Curry.
Casualties this past month were bittersweet. Though
South Florida also saw the opening of two new breweries and the reopenings of a beloved family-run café and a Brickell-area hotspot.
- 3 Sons Brewing Company. 236 N. Federal Hwy., Suite 104, Dania Beach; 954-601-3833; 3sonsbrewingco.com.
- Adelita's Cafe. 6820 NE Second Ave., Miami; 786-238-7882.
- Bar Journe. 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami; 305-993-4085; maisonfpjourne.com.
- Beat Culture Brewery. 7250 NW 11th St., Miami; 786-431-5413; beatculture.com.
- El Santo. 1620 SW Eighth St., Miami; 786-360-6019.
- El Tucán. 1111 SW First Ave., Miami; 305-535-0065; eltucanmiami.com.
- International Smoke. 19501 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura; internationalsmoke.com.
- Mercato Sunset. 1701 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach; mckitchenmiami.com.
- Parcela at Life House Little Havana. 528 SW Ninth Ave., Miami; lifehousehotels.com.
- Yumbrella. 5701 Sunset Dr., South Miami; 305-397-8499.
- Jimmy'z Kitchen (Wynwood location)
- Mason Eatery
- Afishionado - Jeremy Ford to open seafood eatery
- Amare - Italian in SoFi
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Beefsteak - Jose Andres' food truck will be appearing at FIU
- Biscayne Bay Brewing - opening a second location in downtown Miami
- Bonci - Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Bunnie Cakes - opening a second location in Doral
- el Bagel - opening permanent spot
- The Cat's Meow Cafe - cat café coming to MiMo
- Champion Burger - a new burger concept from the Coyo Taco people
- Chicken Guy! - Guy Fieri
openinga chicken tender shop at Aventura Mall
- Chug's - Michael Beltran opening a Cuban-American diner
- Descarga Brewing Company - opening in North Miami
- Dos Croquetas - popular croqueta delivery company opening a brick-and-mortar
DunkanooKitchen - opening in Wynwood
- The Egg Spot - All-day breakfast by the Butcher Shop people
- Ember - Brad Kilgore concept to open in Paradise Plaza in the Design District
- Erba - Niven Patel opening an Italian concept
- Esotico - a tiki bar and restaurant by Graspa Group
- G.L.O.W. - a fro-yo shop that donates all proceeds to charity opening in Wynwood
- Gramps by the Sea - opening soon
Hiyakawa- Wabi Sabi chef opening Wynwood restaurant
- Icebox Cafe - opening at Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale
- Kosushi - Brazilian concept coming to Miami
- La Estación American Brasserie - at Miami Brightline station
- Laid Fresh - the Kyu people opening an all-day breakfast spot
- Lost City Brewing Company - coming to North Miami
- The Loyal - New York brasserie coming to Miami
- Marabu at Brickell City Centre - opening in early 2019
Off Site- Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) opening a nano-brewery in Little Haiti
- Osaka - Nikkei restaurant coming to Miami
- Papi Steak - David Grutman opening in SoFi
- Punch Bowl Social - opening in Wynwood
- Sala’o Cuban Bar & Pescadería - Hemingway-themed bar and restaurant
- Salty Donut - opening a location in South Miami
- Seawell Fish & Oyster - opening at Kimpton Angler's Hotel
- Shuckers - opening a second location in South Beach
- Sistrunk Market & Brewery - opening in Fort Lauderdale
- Spanglish - opening in Wynwood
- Starbucks - opening in Midtown Miami
- The Sylvester - cocktails, coffee, and CBD in Midtown Miami
- Tigertail + Mary - Michael Schwartz opening a veg-friendly spot in Coconut Grove
- Time Out Market - food hall opening on Lincoln Road in South Beach
- Trader Joe's - coming to South Beach
- Uchi - Texas sushi coming to Miami
- Unbranded Brewing Company - Hialeah's first brewery
- Unseen Creatures - brewery opening soon
- Vinaigrette - Danny
Serferopening a Downtown sub shop
- Whole Foods Market - proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
- Yeasty Brews - New brewery celebrating the fermentation process
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.