As two of Miami's biggest cultural events of the year pull all of your focus and finances, you could use a little cheap entertainment. Whether you've been dining like a boss at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival or stocking up on Miami International Film Festival tickets, it'll be tough to add anything else to your schedule without breaking the bank. Luckily, this city's got your back with drag, movies, music, and more — all for free.
- The 23rd-Annual Shelley Novak Awards at Score: Celebrate the best and brightest to the most ratchet and glamorous at the legendary drag honors.
- The Great Debate: One Love vs. One Night Stand at We Work Miami: This panel discusses how technology and the digital revolution of dating affect love, lust, and relationships.
San Andreas at SoundScape: Watch Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson fly, drive, boat, and swim through San Francisco's annihilation.
Zach Larmer Electric Band CD Release at the Wynwood Yard: Don't miss Miami jazz guitarist, educator, and composer Zach Larmer debut his first album, Inner Circle, which will be performed live by the Zach Larmer Electric Band.
- Dr. Seuss' 112th Birthday at Miami Children's Museum: Cut the cake with the Cat in the Hat and make Lorax mustaches with your inner kid.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
B.Y.O Records at Freehand Miami: Break out your favorite vinyl and jam poolside.
First Thursdays at PAMM: Groove to beats by DJ Hans and check out the museum's current exhibit, "Beatriz Santiago Muñoz: A Universe of Fragile Mirrors."
Made at PAMM at PAMM: Let your creativity flow during expert-led art-making sessions in the galleries.
- The Job Flea at the Miami Flea: Hear from some of Miami's most promising companies to work for, including the Miami Heat, New World Symphony, Wolfsonian, and Lyft.
- Gallery Night Live! at Coral Gables Museum: Catch artist Sofia del Rivero's exhibit "How Do I Look? How Do You See?" during an evening of drinks, bites, and live music.