Gunmen Open Fire on Basketball Court at Athalie Range Park
Just one day after gunmen opened fire in a public park during a game of women's flag football in southwest Miami-Dade, shots rang out over a basketball court in Liberty City. Two men walked up to the court and unloaded about 30 rounds on a man in his late teens. The shooting happened yesterday at around 6:15 pm at Athalie Range Park.
- Photos of the three suspects in yesterday's flag football shooting have been released. The suspects Derrick Harrell, 18, Emmanuel Ajagbe, 19, and Corwin Dantzle, 19. All three are still at large, and considered armed and dangerous. [Herald]
- A 20 year old FIU student says he was carjacked at the South Miami metro station, and that the bandit not only made off with his 2010 Honda Civic but also his beloved dog. The car was eventually found, but his dog is still missing. [WSVN]
- Police in Coral Gables are looking for Maria Nelly Coto. She was last seen May 5th wearing a black short sleeve shirt and beige pants. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next