January 21, 2009 | 9:28am
After a short hiatus, The Inspector is back to keep you abreast of current developments in the routine-food-inspection-report scene. The following information may shock you, but understand we are only providing it because it is totally public information that we all have a right to see. Here are 5 restaurants that started 2009 in a bad way. Read their most heinous food violations and click the links for full reports.
1. El Toro Taco (1 Krome Ave, Homestead): 53 Violations - Click here for full report
- 32-17-1 Critical. Handwashing cleanser lacking at handwashing lavatory.
- 35A-04-1 Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by 6 dried old looking rodent droppings found in storage room. Corrected On Site.
- 35A-03-1 Critical. Observed 4 dead roaches on premises.By dishwashing area and under processing equipment in the backroom Corrected On Site.
2. Cafe De La Mer (6701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach): 9 Violations - Click here for full report
- 35A-04-1 Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by rodent droppings found. (10 DRY)
3. Fritanga Managuita (11373 SW 211 St, Miami): 31 Violations - Click here for full report
- 01B-23-1 Critical. Nonexempt fish has not undergone proper parasite destruction. Fish must be served cooked or discarded.
- 01B-16-1 Critical. Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous food due to temperature abuse (see Stop Sale Notice).
- 08A-15-1 Critical. Food not stored in a clean/dry location that is not exposed to splash/dust.renovations next to dry storage, building dust and debris covers food container.
4. D Original Munchys Pizza (850 Ives Dairy Road, Miami): 7 Violations - Click here for full report
- 08A-07-1 Critical. Unpackaged food such as pizza, not protected from environmental sources of contamination during preparation.
- 35A-04-1 Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Approximately twenty  dry rodent droppings were detected underneath food preparation shelf. Repeat Violation. This violation must be corrected by : 1-12-09. Corrected On Site.
5. Prime Blue Grill (315 South Biscayne Boulevard, Miami): 15 Violations - Click here for full report
- 23-04-1 Observed build-up of mold-like substance on surface of nonfood-contact surface. 3 comp sink / wall.
- 35A-08-1 Critical. Observed live flies in kitchen.