August may be traditionally a slow month for Miami's restaurant industry, but you could hardly tell from the extensive list of openings.
Notable openings include Mignonette, the intimate oyster bar by chef Danny Serfer (Blue Collar) and blogger Ryan Roman; and Cantina la Veinte, the first foray into the U.S. market for Mexico's Cinbersol Group.
Restaurant closings confounded us this month. Two places serving impeccable food by well established restaurateurs closed: Pubbelly Group's PB Steak (with the promise to move to the mainland); and Lorenzo, Tony Mantuano's Italian bistro. Even more baffling was the closing of Prost Wurstgrill & Bierhouse, a Brickell restaurant that opened in July, then mysteriously shuttered about a month later.
- Cantina la Veinte
- IKEA Miami
- Lilt at Epic
- Miam Cafe
- Railroad Blues
- Station 5
- Paladar Dinner Series
- Sub Zero Ice Cream
- Sun Life Stadium-- New restaurants include Bru's Room, Crumb on Parchment, and BurgerFi
- The Seven Dials
- VIntro Hotel & Kitchen
- Prost Wurstgrill & Bierhouse
- PB Steak
See also: Danny Serfer Talks About Mignonette
- 27 at Freehand - First drinks, now eats by our favorite bartenders.
- American Social - Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Brickell.
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach.
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. - Fresh beer coming soon.
- Bikini Barista - coming to midtown.
- Bodega - opening in South Beach.
- Campania - Italian fare from the owners of Sardinia.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cleo - Opening at the Redbury.
- Coyo - Taco bar to open in Wynwood.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- Tom Colicchio's as-yet unnamed restaurant at the 1 Hotel and Homes South Beach.
- Crust - Pizza on Brickell by Klime Kovaceski.
- The Daily Creative Food Co. - opening in Miami Beach.
- The Drawing Room - Cocktail bar by Albert Trummer coming soon.
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again.
- Freddo- Coming to Lincoln Road.
- Freshii - Casual healthy eating chain coming to Miami.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Hannya Asian Cuisine - Coming to Miami.
- Habeas Corpus - A new restaurant by the B&S owners.
- La Moderna - Opening in SoBe.
- Mellow Mushroom - Stoner themed pizza chain opening in Miami.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Opening soon in Doral.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Moye - Italian cuisine by the owners of Sardinia.
- Morimoto Restaurant - Opening in Shelborne South Beach
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- My Ceviche - Coming to South Miami and Coral Gables.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Nobu - Famed chef opens restaurant on Miami Beach.
- Paraiso Bay will host a Michael Schwartz restaurant.
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami.
- Pi Pizzeria - opening Pi'ami. li>Piripi - El Bulli veteran opening Coral Gables eatery..
- Pincho Factory - Opening another location in Hialeah.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- Red Ginger - Asian flair coming to South Beach.
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- STK - Reopening.
- Seagrape by Michelle Bernstein at Thompson Miami Beach Hotel - MIchelle Bernstein to open beach bistro.
- Siena Tavern - Fabio Viviani opening Italian restaurant in SoBe.
- Senor Frog's - the party comes to Miami.
- Smooshie's - Giant candy shop opening in Key Biscayne.
- Stripsteak - Michael Mina to open another restaurant at the Fountainbleau.
- Tap 42 -Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Coral Gables.
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon.
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- Vagabond Restaurant - Opening fall.
- Vicky Bakery & Cafe - Opening in Coral Gables.
- Vintro Hotel & Kitchen - Small boutique hotel and restaurant.
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
- White Lotus - James Beard-winner Matthew Kenney brings the raw food movement to Wynwood.
- Zest - Cindy Hutson opening a restaurant and fast-casual concept.
Projects in the Works
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Stephen Starr is opening a concept at the Young Arts building.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.