Happy Monday, Miamians. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
Yoga in Miami: Fourteen locations across Miami offer free classes throughout the week, including today.
- Jazz Jam at Churchill's Pub: Get jazzy at Churchill's weekly jazz jam.
Live Music at Ball & Chain: Beginning at 8 p.m., Electric Piquete will celebrate the release of its new single and video, “Cut Me Loose.”
- Homestead Run Club at Baptist Hospital: Lace up your sneakers and get ready to run a 3.5-mile loop at 7 p.m.
- Free Admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art: Spend the afternoon exploring ICA — the museum is free to peruse today and every day it's open.
- Choose Your Own (Beer) Adventure at Venture Cafe: Discuss the growth of Miami’s craft beer industry over the past few years with four local brewery founders and a tasting.
North Beach Getty at North Shore Open Space Park: Get to know North Beach with volleyball, music, and a friendly barbecue.
- Jazz at MOCA: The Glyn Dryhurst Dixieland Jazz Band is set to perform at 8 p.m. at the Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.