- The Swamp and the Porch Openings at Miami Book Fair: Ease into loads of literary events with music, food trucks, giant outdoor
games,and Biscayne Bay Brewing beers.
- Swamp Noir at the Swamp: This curated night of poetry performances, film, and live jazz-fusion by the Swampsters will take you through the murky literary depths of South Florida.
- Historias C
ubanasde T iemposO scuros: Gerardo Reyes y Fausto Canel at Miami Book Fair: Join Gerardo Reyes and Fausto Canel for this evening of Cuban stories during dark times as the island faces an uncertain future.
- The World's Smallest Poetry Reading at Miami Book Fair: O, Miami presents this intimate celebration of poetry, marking the publication of Eight Miami Poets (Jai-Alai Books, 2015), an anthology of young local poets who do not yet have a published collection of poems.
- Accidental Architect: Robert Motherwell, Pierre Chareau and The Quonset House of 1947 at FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios: Accidental Architect features photographs by the noted architectural photographer Judith Turner, in addition to photographs by Curator Alastair Gordon; archival drawings and a scale model by Harry & Eliot Fishman; vintage documentary footage by Michael
Blckwood, and more.
- Me, Japanese at the Betsy Hotel: This film focuses on the life of Jose Kozer, the foremost Cuban poet of the 1960s, who has called Miami home for nearly a decade.
- DJ Lolo, Bookleggers and games at the Porch: Browse
Bookleggers' free reading materials and dance your ass off to DJ Lolo's grooves.
- Paris Is Still Burning at Olympia Theater: Inspired by the legendary documentary film Paris is Burning and the queer counterculture it documents, this performance in collaboration with Reading Queer showcases prominent contemporary queer poets of color whose work explores social,
racial,and economic injustice.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron at SoundScape: Catch Iron Man and the rest of the gang under the stars.
- Beer Pairing and Bites with 180 Degrees at the Porch: Chef Ryan Martin prepares small bites to pair with beers from Biscayne Bay Brewing.
- Very Semi-Serious at Cosford Cinema: Part of the Miami Jewish Film Festival, this film takes an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look at the New Yorker and introduces the cartooning legends and hopefuls who create the iconic cartoons.
- Architecture in Resonance with the Cosmos: Oculi Sound Chamber at FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios: This exhibition highlights the interdisciplinary research project of the Oculi Sound Chamber Dwelling and earthwork design to be built in Utah. The installation will feature drawings, renderings, video, and a selection of digital and hand-crafted models by architect Simon Koumjian III, in collaboration with other designers, including students at FIU.
- Urban Oasis Project’s Farmers Market at the Porch: Stroll through fresh fare from Verde Farm, Paradise Farm, Bee Heaven Farm, and more.
- Author events at Miami Book Fair: The big events get rolling today, with authors Conor McCreery, Kate Schatz, and more, plus Fun Room events perfect for keeping the kids occupied.
- Kim Gordon at de la Cruz Collection: Artist, writer,
musician,and actor Gordon will discuss her multifaceted career as well as her latest book release, Girl in a Band.
- Exile + Fjords Art and Lit Book Lounge at Miami Book Fair: Pop-up bookstore Exile will showcase an accessible cross-section of independent and self-published books, monographs, periodicals, zines, ephemera, editions, and other printed matter.