Johnson & Wales University and Miami Spice have gotten together to reward you for what's probably your most annoying habit ...taking pictures of your dinner and then tweeting them. Hey, we do it all the time, under the pretense of "it's our job".
Here's how it works: Just enjoy a meal at one of the participating restaurants where a JWU grad happens to hang his or her toque, snap a picture of your meal, and tweet the photo, using these steps:
2. Snap a picture of your meal and tweet, using the hashtags #ISEEJWU and #MiamiSpice
Every Friday during Miami Spice, ten participants will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from, as well as a SFF (South Florida Foodie) cling sticker.
The contest starts Wednesday, August 1 at noon and ends Friday, September 28 at 10 p.m.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
You do not have to dine from the restaurant's Miami Spice menu to enter the contest -- dining ala carte at the restaurants and tweeting works just as well!
Participating restaurants (and their JWU alumni chefs) include:
- Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill- Timon Balloo (executive chef)
- Meat Market - Kayla O'Quinn (assistant pastry chef)
- Barceloneta Spanish Bistro & Mercat- Juliana Gonzalez (executive chef)
- Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill - Oscar Del Rivero (executive chef)
- Peacock Garden Café - Oscar Del Rivero (executive chef)
- Talavera Cocina Mexicana- Oscar Del Rivero (executive chef)
- Michy's - Michelle Bernstein (executive chef)
- Panorama Restaurant & Sky Lounge - Christopher Cramer (executive chef)
- Pubbelly - Jose Mendin (chef/partner)