Though the restaurant, which opened in October 2015, is virtually new, a spokesperson said there were design issues in the kitchen and bar that had been affecting operations. Management determined that the only way to fix these design flaws was to close the restaurant for a period. New Times was unsuccessful in attempting to reach the owners for the exact nature of the problem.
The repairs are expected to take about two months, with
The restaurant, whose flagship is located in Delray Beach, had a chef turnover only two months after its autumn Miami premiere, with then-executive chef David Blonsky severing ties with the restaurant in December 2015.
Apeiro, which specializes in Mediterranean cuisine, then brought Delray's executive chef, Anthony Sitek, south to head the kitchen. Sitek refurbished the menu to include more relatable and affordable dishes. In an April 2016 interview with New Times, Sitek said, "I looked into great, comfortable dishes from the Mediterranean and adapted them to the Miami culture. It was important to me that the menu was comfortable and approachable but at the same time offer something new and creative that guests might not have experienced before."
This is the third Miami-area restaurant to temporarily shutter within a week. SoFi's Red Ginger closed for a menu revamp this past Saturday, June 11, and Soho Bay's manager, Max Heindl, placed the restaurant into "hibernation" because of construction issues around the eatery.