Sushi Maki is a laid-back sushi spot offering the usual variety of rolls, along with plenty of appetizers and entrée options for the raw-fish-phobic. Of appetizers, including staples such as edamame, summer rolls, and chicken yakitori, try the gyoza: tender steamed or fried dumplings filled with chicken, pork, or vegetables and served with a tangy ponzu. Sushi rolls come in a variety of options, whether cooked, raw, or vegetarian, as well as temaki or hosomaki. Non-sushi eaters can choose from a half-dozen entrée selections as well as signature small plates. The red Thai curry is a favorite for those who enjoy a spicy kick; chicken or shrimp come in a tasty coconut curry sauce mixed with peppers, onions, and snow peas. And for dessert, don't miss the Thai doughnuts: lightly fried melt-in-your-mouth pastry pillows sided by a sweet, delicately creamy dipping sauce.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 12-10 p.m.; Sunday 12-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Parking: Garage available, Metered
- Extra Services: Catering
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay