The best time of the week is finally here — the weekend — and Miami offers just about every activity. It’s three days of festive cacophony of music, art, and frosty tropical libations. End the weekend with an Easter brunch at one of many Miami eateries offering eggs, pastries, and other delectables.
- PenguinPalooza at Miami Seaquarium: Miami Seaquarium’s BunnyPalooza is the Magic City’s biggest Easter celebration, featuring the largest Easter parade in South Florida. But this Friday at the theme park, PenguinPalooza will take over with three days of kid-friendly fun perfect for photo ops. A PenguinPalooza pass grants admission to all animal shows. Attendees can also see Salty the sea lion and Lolita the killer whale and learn more about their lifestyles and environments.
- Viernes Culturales at Maximo Gomez Park, AKA Domino Park: Visit Little Havana the last Friday of the month and you’ll find yourself transported by a rhythmic, cafecito-fueled spectacle reminiscent of the Carnival processions of Cuba’s golden age.
- Peachfuzz and DJs DZA and Craze at Thompson Miami Beach Hotel: Mid-Beach’s stylish hotel, the Thompson, will host Peachfuzz and DJs DZA and Craze for an all-night hip-hop throwback party starting at 11 p.m.
- A Minister's Wife at GableStage: It ain't easy being a wife. Now imagine being a minister's wife. The musical A Minister's Wife, opening at GableStage this Saturday, delves deep into the complex sacrament that is marriage. Based on Candida by George Bernard Shaw, with music by Joshua Schmidt and lyrics by Jan Levy Tranen, the musical takes audiences inside the intimate nature of Rev. James Morrell's love for his wife, Candida.
- SketchMIA: An Urban Sketch Tour at Miami Center for Architecture & Design: A picture can be worth a thousand words, especially if you spend an entire afternoon drawing it. Part guided tour and part art class, SketchMIA is presented by the Miami Center for Architecture & Design. Billed as a way to see historic downtown Miami's "landmark buildings through an architect's eyes," the two-hour tour takes guests to locations such as the Miami-Dade County Courthouse and the Church of Gesù.
- SaturDaze at the Wynwood Yard: The Yard, in collaboration with Prism Music Group, will celebrate exciting changes from 1 to 5 p.m. at the SaturDaze drinking event. Enjoy live music by Bedside, Sigh Kicks, and DJ Laura. Savor group drink specials from the new cocktail and coffee program by Mortar & Pistil and food from the Wynwood Yard’s resident culinary concepts, including wood-fired pizza from Ash by Stanzione 87, the Katiefresca ice-cream sandwich pop-up, and more. Admission is free, but RSVP is recommended.
- Ludlum Hikes at A. D. Doug Barnes Park: Join friends of Ludlam Trail for the first official hike along the northern portion of the trail. Attendees will install bilingual signage that will point to nearby schools, parks, and other destinations. Snacks and water will be provided at multiple stations during the hike. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Easter Brunch: Prepare for an overabundance of chocolate-filled bunnies and multicolored eggs, because Easter is here. Sweets and egg hunts aside, it's also one of the biggest Sunday brunch days of the year, meaning it's time to peep some menus and make reservations. From eateries familiar with the weekend meal soiree to those opening their doors exclusively for the holiday, consider hopping over to one of these restaurants offering eggs and pastries, as well as more elaborate plates. Reservations are a highly recommended.