F our collective L's: It's Monday morning. We know, you're depressed. Us too. But don't worry, it's only 17 days till we stuff ourselves silly for Thanksgiving and 45 until those love handles go up in flames when the world comes to its fiery demise. So say the Mayans.
And if by chance we don't all die in a blazing apocalypse, it's only 50 days till Christmas.
Either way, there's something special to look forward to.
And this week, you can look forward to a whole host of free events. So save your pennies for the afterlife.
- Young & Powerful for Obama Watch Party: Locale still TBD, but join fellow donkeys to root for the current prez.
- Young Republican Watch Party at the Doubletree: Join fellow elephants and keep those fingers crossed for the Romney cause.
- Richie Cole at Miami-Dade: This buzz-worthy saxophonist jams at MDC's Wolfson digs.
- Free Days at Fairchild: Get your fill of local flora and fauna without melting in the summer sun.
- Bingo at Wood Tavern: Win free booze with gringo bingo.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- H&M Opening on Lincoln Road: Finally, Euro-style duds hit the beach.
- Free Wolfsonian Tour: Get your art on, multimedia style.
- Magnum Band at Oak Grove Park: Kick off your weekend with Haitian culture and konpa tunes.
- The Living Earth Show at Harold Golen Gallery: Get a whole new look at Moby Dick, with an adaptation of the 94th chapter of Herman Melville's classic.