Mitt Romney's UM "Brownface" Becomes a Meme
Early this week, Mitt Romney showed up at the Univision event at the University of Miami aimed at Hispanic voters with a suspiciously orange tint to his skin. Some just laughed at his Charlie Crist-like fake tan job, but others accused him wearing "brownface" to appeal to Latinos. Of course, because this is the internet, spray-tanned Romney inspired people to fire up Photoshop and turn the tan into a meme.
Here's a few of our favorites:
- Paula Deen Riding Things is Your New Internet Meme
- Mitt Romney Says He Loves "Papaya," Cuban Slang for Vagina
- Mitt Romney Is Stumping in Miami at Eatery Owned by Convicted Coke Smuggler
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Residents Vow to Continue Fighting Midtown Walmart After Losing Court Appeal
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Hola, Hurricane Fred: Erika Fizzled, but There's Already Another Atlantic Storm
- Flight Records Reveal MDPD Has an Unmarked Cessna Used for Surveillance