Dead Body Found at Miami Metrozoo Identified
Miami Metrozoo workers were cutting branches to feed to giraffes when they found the body of a woman near the entrance of the zoo April 19. Police have now identified the body as that of 60-year-old Gloria Marinckovic of Kendall.
- The man who owned controversial puppy shop Wizard of Claws might again be selling puppy-mill dogs. [NBCMiami]
- Activists opposed to offshore drilling protested in Miami Beach yesterday. They held black tarps over their heads to symbolize the potential impact of the recent oil spill off Louisiana's coast. [CBS4]
- Two pedestrians were hit by a vehicle in Opa-locka but are recovering. [WSVN]
- Police have released surveillance video of the suspect and victim in the Brickell rape case, hoping it will jog potential witnesses' memories. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Dolphins Fire Kevin Coyle, Promote Lou Anarumo
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- The Six Phases of a Gentrifying Neighborhood in Miami
- Chiquitica, Dog Who Sailed From Cuba Last Month, Hit by Car