As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
74. Dim Sum Barbecue Platter at Hakkasan
One of the trickiest aspects of dining on dim sum at Hakkasan is choosing what to order.
Dumplings, turnip cakes, taro croquettes -- can't beat any of it here at Miami's peerless Chinese restaurant. At least it gets easier when it comes to selecting the barbecue meats, because you can get all three preciously moist, delicious samplings on one plate: roast duck, crisp pork belly, and honey-roasted pork. They don't come cheap, but as Confucius say: "Jesus, it's worth it." We're not certain what Christ replied, but rumor has it there was some of that barbecue duck served at the Last Dim Sum.
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90. Twice-baked upside-down Gruyère cheese soufflé at Pascal's On Ponce
89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
88. Thai Spring Rolls at the Asian Cultural Festival at Fruit and Spice Park
87. Sunday Fish Fry at the Shantel Lounge
86. Old Dirty Dawg at gastroPod Miami
85. Vegan Ding Dong at Lido at the Standard
84. Mahi-Mahi Tacos at Fish Shack & Market
83. Moroccan Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Elie's Café
82. Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
80. Grilled Octopus at Mandolin Aegean Bistro
79. Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
78. A Frita, Cuban Hamburger at El Mago de las Fritas
77. Strawberry Shake and Cinnamon Bun at Knaus Berry Farm
76. Chocolate Soup at Charlotte Bistro
75. Corn on the Cob at Shorty's