Nate Dogg is a bad motherfucker. And we mean forever, because that's how long his music's gonna live.
However, Nate Dogg's human self, Nathaniel Hale, died today after struggling for the last two years with the aftereffects of multiple strokes, which left him halfway paralyzed and unable to breathe on his own.
But we will never forget that Nate Dogg is the greatest hook singer to work in modern urban music. Whether you want to call it rap, R&B, or straight-up gangster funk, he was the motherfuckin' Michael Jordan of that shit.
Here are some amazing facts about Nate Dogg.
- Nate Dogg was directly involved with over 40 singles that hit the charts.
- He was a high school dropout, Rollin Crips gang banger, United States Marine, and sang in his daddy's church in Mississippi.
- Nate Dogg's first group was called 213 alongside his homies Snoop Dogg and Warren G.
- 213 recorded a demo in the back of a Long Beach record store called VIP.
- Nate Dogg was discovered by Dr Dre when he heard the 213 demo at a house party.
- Warren G. feat Nate Dogg's "Regulate" is a certified classic and the Dogg's first hit
- Nate Dogg made a great East Coast hip hop song with Mos Def and Pharaoh Monche called "Oh No."
- Nate Dogg was signed to Suge Knight's Death Row Records and recorded several songs with Tupac "2Pac" Shakur.
Nate Dogg, the world will miss you. But thanks for all the awesome shit you did in your short time on the planet. Miami's ridin' with you, player. Guaranteed your shit bumpin in the club tonight.