The pièce de résistance of Matador Room is a massive white chandelier reminiscent of an octopus — a restoration of the one from the Seville Hotel's original Matador Room, whose spherical layout has also remained intact. Meanwhile, the leafy outdoor area is a nod to the Tropicana nightclub in Havana. In the recommended signature arroz con pollo — prepared to order — the jasmine rice resembles a creamy risotto in both taste and texture. As for the accompanying chicken, brined dark and light meat are flash-fried and submerged in a broth of kombu (edible kelp) and rosemary before going into the oven. Lemon zest, black pepper, and crackling slices of chicken skin round out the twist on the Latin classic. The light cooking is perfect for a little postdinner ice-skating, bowling, or dancing.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 6-10 p.m.; Friday 6-11 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Online Reservations Available, Recommended, Reservations Accepted
- Parking: Metered, On-street, Valet
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other