And so it begins: tryptophan comas, football fanaticism, doorbuster madness, and copious amounts of booze to make it all bearable. Six straight weeks of holiday insanity starts now.
But if you have a moment to spare in this food/football/family-fueled week, there's lots of good stuff going on. So when you tire of brainstorming creative things to do with 37 pounds of leftover turkey -- turkey cupcakes anyone? -- you can head out for a little free fun.
- Holiday Tech Bash at the Moore Building: Get your geek on with celeb guests, free food, cocktails, games, giveaways and all things digital.
- Chops and Yentl at Tower Theater: Watch Barbra don drag and sing her handsome little heart out.
- Ladies Night at Jazid: Femmes drink free from 11 to 12 to top 40 tunes by Closing Time.
- The Amazing Spider-Man at Bal Harbour Beach: When you're done grubbing, watch the latest Spidey beat the bad guys while kicking back on the sand.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Santa Arrives at Mall of the Americas: In the words of Will Ferrell, "SANTAAAAAAAAA!" Kick off Black Friday with jolly old St. Nick. Score prizes and pose for Polaroids with the big man himself.
- Black Friday Balloon Drop at Southland Mall: Catch balloons stuffed with stuffed with swag including gift cards, coupons and movie passes. Because you deserve a reward for braving the Black Friday madness.
- Black Friday at Dolphin Mall: Catch "snowflakes" on your tongue, listen to live tunes and potentially score sweet prizes at this mega-mall's Black Friday shindig.