Stay warm while you read what you may have missed this week in Short Order.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Looking for Filipino food? Pamanguena offers groceries, take-out and catering.
- The bar at Town Kitchen & Bar could make some improvements.
- Where to find the best budget dim sum in Miami.
- Which restaurants closed? Which opened? All in our October roll call.
- Almost three months after its promised opening date, American Noodle Bar is now in business.
- Airplane food mostly sucks but sometimes a man has to eat. Who has the better airline cheese plate?
- Mexican Coke is better because it's made with real sugar, the claim goes. Is it really better?
- Call to those with cooking skills and a fondness for taking abuse: Hell's Kitchen is casting in Miami next week.
- Is $32 too much for a steak tartare?
- Escopazzo has something for vegans. Also, our top 5 vegan restaurants.
- News flash: Russian bears like a protein-high diet.
- Front Porch Cafe is moving in December.
- Meet the man behind Garcia's Seafood.
- Meat Market pastry chef Vincent Pantolian likes to play with sugar.
- Farmer's markets are back in season starting with Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market, which opens Sunday.