Summers in South Florida can be brutal, but there are respites: a day at the beach, pool time, and a cold drink. Beer cocktails are perfect for this time of year. They're lower in alcohol content than traditional libations, and beer's carbonation makes it naturally refreshing. Beer is also a great base for concoctions such as micheladas, shandies, and slushies. Cool off with any of these beer cocktails.
1. 1-800-Lucky. This refreshing drink features Kirin beer with special frozen foam on top. The beer is priced at $8, including gratuity and tax. During happy hour, which runs from Monday through Friday 4 to 7 p.m., you can snag one for five bucks. 143 NW 23rd St., Miami; 305-768-9826; 1-800-lucky.com.
2. 26 Degree Brewing Co. 26 Degree's beer slushies are limited editions that change daily, so get to the brewery early so you won't be disappointed on steamy summer afternoons (six ounces for $4 and ten ounces for $6). 2600 E. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach; 954-532-6964; 26brewing.com.
3. Bousa Brewing. This Little River brewery is shaking things up with its cocktail program. Beginning August 12, enjoy special Sunday
4. Bulla Gastrobar. Both Bulla locations offer sangria de
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5. Lokal Moko. This Hawaiian-themed restaurant at the Yellow Green Farmers Market in Hollywood serves a tropical mojito, made to order with lime, mint, coconut rum, and a lager beer to top it off ($9). 1940 N. 30th Rd., Hollywood; 954-470-9938; facebook.com/lokalmoko.