Most restaurants participating in Miami Spice are located in tourist-rich areas such as Brickell and Miami Beach, but Kendall and Doral are still represented with eateries serving juicy steaks and succulent seafood.
Instead of driving to the Beach or downtown, why not explore one of these spots offering a meal at the reduced price of $23 for lunch or brunch and $39 for dinner?
1. Bulla Gastrobar Doral. Bulla wins points for offering a complimentary glass of sangria to start your dinner. The gastropub also has a good selection of gluten-free options. Begin with ceviche de jalapeño of huevos cabreados with brava sauce; then continue with branzino con kale, peas, and ham, or salmon with baby spinach and chickpeas. For dessert, choose from creme Catalana with fresh berries or churros con chocolate. Lunch items include garbanzos frito or a refreshing gazpacho to start. Entrées include the Bulla burger or the eatery's much-talked-about huevos Bulla — a plate of house-made potato chips topped with a fried egg, Serrano ham, and potato foam. 5335 NW 87th Ave., Doral; 305-260-6543; bullagastrobar.com. Miami Spice is offered for lunch and dinner daily.
2. BLT Prime. If it's steak and bone marrow you're after, look no further than the steakhouse at Trump National Doral Miami. Start with shrimp ceviche or goat cheese crostini before tucking into an eight-ounce filet mignon with smoked bone marrow butter and duck-fat steak fries. Finish with a s'mores brownie or passionfruit panna cotta. 4400 NW 87th Ave., Doral; 305-937-2777; e2hospitality.com/blt-prime-miami. Miami Spice is offered for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner daily.
Pisco y Nazca's pisco sour.
Courtesy of Pisco y Nazca
3. Pisco y Nazca. Sip a free pisco sour while perusing appetizer options such as causa crocante, tostones with pulled pork, and salmon tiradito. Move on to ceviche mixto, braised lamb shank, or chaufa "aeropuerto" with shrimp, tenderloin beef, chicken, and calamari. For dessert, try the suspiro — a dulce de leche custard with meringue and passionfruit glaze. Lunch options include a lomosaltado sandwich, ceviche cremoso, and an eight-ounce Angus burger. 8551 NW 53rd St., Doral; 786-805-4344; and 8405 Mills Dr., Miami; 305-630-3844; piscoynazca.com. Miami Spice is offered for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner daily at the Doral location and for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner daily in Kendall.
4. Pubbelly Sushi Dadeland. Start your meal with a Screaming Orgasm (seriously), made with seared tuna, spicy ponzu, daikon, and masago. Move on to spare ribs or a comforting vegetable yakisoba and finish with chocolate miso bread pudding. Lunch options include a salmon miso truffle roll, vegetable roll, or hamachi roll to start, followed by chicken yakitori or PB steak anticucho robata. Finish with seasonal mochi or soft-serve ice cream. 8970 SW 72nd Pl., Miami; 786-369-5472; foodcommahospitality.com. Miami Spice is offered for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner Sunday through Thursday.
5. Devon Seafood + Steak. A classic steakhouse experience awaits at Devon in the Palms at Town & Country in West Kendall. Start with a caesar or wedge salad or lobster bisque before your entrée of jumbo lump crab cakes, maple plank roasted salmon, a six-ounce filet mignon, or a ten-ounce bone-in pork loin. Opt for a 12-ounce USDA prime KC strip or Canadian cold-water lobster tail for a $48 meal. Finish with chocolate velvet cake or seasonal cheesecake. 11715 Sherri Ln., Miami; 305-275-0226; devonseafood.com. Miami Spice is offered for dinner daily.