TWCCL is a weekly installment bringing you all the news you need on the three issues that matter most to Miamians.
- Big Bust of the Week: Three tons of cocaine, seized by a French warship off of Costa Rica.
- Four Washington, DC elementary students were hospitalized after ingesting cocaine brought to school by a classmate.
- A Marathon schoolteacher was caught trying to buy crack rocks.
- BREAKING: Rapper who only raps about selling cocaine makes song about how he misses selling cocaine, and it's good.
- Current estimated level of death: 68% (down)
- Fidel resigned as Communist party leader five years ago, he non-chalantly mentioned this week.
- Gerardo Hernandez, convicted of being a Castro agent in the Cuban Five, says he totally didn't know that planes belonging to a pro-exile group were going to be shot down that day 15 years ago.
- Heat record for the week and LeBron PPG: 3-0, 31.5 (He dropped in 43 against the Hawks.)
- The world hates him less.
- He danced.
- He runs on the balls of his feet, which means he will be able to play until he's 57.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.