Another week, another crop of weirdos making Florida look bad. All drunk, bikini-clad grandmas and snakebite boys aside, we've had a pretty rich run this month with city-wide poetry fest O, Miami, not to mention this week's Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. For those who can't shell out dough for movie tickets, however, we've collected a bundle of cheap activities sure to satisfy your culture cravings.
- Dr. Harold Reitman at Books & Books: Listen to the orthopedic surgeon, former professional heavyweight boxer, and movie producer discuss his book, Aspertools, a guide to embracing neurodiversity, as well as The Square Root of 2, a film he wrote and directed inspired by his daughter's experience dealing with Asperger syndrome at college.
- Anne Frank: A History for Today at FIU Urban Studios: This bilingual English/Spanish exhibit tells the Frank's story before and during WWII with photographs, letters, and her own diary entries.
- St. Vincent at Soundscape: Watch Bill Murray be a terrible babysitter on the big screen.
- Downtown Recess at Bayfront Park: Bust out of the office to play some bocce ball, giant Jenga, and stuff your face at food trucks.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Let's Sang at Gramps: Sing your heart out at Guilty Pleasures night.
- Piano Slam 7 at the Arsht: A night of talented poetry, piano, and hip-hop, directed by Teo Castellanos.
Alan Winslow at Tropical Audubon Society: View the field photographer's AIRIE residency work in the Everglades, "Portraits of Birds, Birders and their Environments."
- Miami Museum Month: Today kicks off a month of museum deals around the city from over two dozen participating cultural spaces.
Bike Night at Coral Gables Museum: Bring your bike for a check-up as you view the ArtCycle exhibit pieces, plus rum tastings, raffles, a cash bar and free admission.
- Sephora opening at Southland Mall: The first 100 shoppers get gift cards and grand opening gifts. #girlswag