What Will Become Of John McAfee, Marco Rubio and Jeffrey Loria?
Uncle Luke, the man whose booty shaking madness made the U.S. Supreme Court stand up for free speech gets as nasty as he wants to be for Miami New Times. This week, Luke makes his predictions for the new year.
What will happen in 2013 to capture people's attention? Who will do something to make us say, "WTF?" Well, I have some predictions:
• The NCAA won't impose severe sanctions on the Miami Hurricanes
football program. The school will lose a couple of scholarships but will
get to play in a bowl game. In fact, Miami will play for the national
• Wily multimillionaire John McAfee won't have to go back to Belize to
answer questions about his neighbor's death. He will settle into a new
mansion on Star Island and make himself our new local hero when he buys
the Miami Marlins from Jeffrey Loria.
• Chad Johnson will move to Los Angeles to become an adult film star
named Ocho Mandingo. Chad wasn't kidding about doing porn if football
didn't work out. A teaser of his new career already leaked last week
when WorldStarHipHop published photos of Chad banging a stripper.
• Katherine Fernandez Rundle will pardon former Miami-Dade County
Commissioner Joe Gersten, who skipped town 20 years ago to avoid charges
of perjury and making a false police report for lying about how his
Mercedes-Benz got jacked.
• Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez and county commissioners will approve
taxpayer monies to build a retractable roof for the Miami Dolphins'
stadium. They will also give team owner Stephen Ross permission to
partner with Genting to build a Jimmy Buffett-themed casino.
• Miami Herald reporters won't make it to any breaking news events
because they will be stuck in traffic near the new headquarters in
• Miami Commissioner Marc Sarnoff will be named grand marshal of the
annual Martin Luther King Jr. parade.
• Marco Rubio will grow a bushy mustache so he can look more "Mexican"
and appeal to non-Cuban Hispanics.
Follow Luke on Twitter: @unclelukereal1.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says