Micky Arison Is the Richest Man in Florida, But We Have 30 Other Billionaires
Florida is officially home to 31 billionaires according to the latest Forbes list (and that doesn't even count the ones who have second ...or third ... or fourth homes here), but Miami Heat owner and Carnival Cruises CEO Micky Arison is the richest of them all. Forbes estimates the 63-year-old has a net worth of $5.7 billion, making him the richest dude in Florida, and 211th richest person in the world.
Forbes lists Dolphins owner Jeffrey Ross as a New York resident, but he'd come in a virtually three-way tie with Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer and investor Dirk Ziff. Each are estimated to have a net worth of a cool $4.4 billion.
Here are the rest of the billionaires that call Miami-Dade home.:
- Edward Lampert, Hedge Fund manager, $3.1 billion (437th richest person in the world)
- Phillip Frost, pharmaceuticals, $2.6 billion (554th)
- Bharat Desai and Family, outsourcing, $2 billion (736th)
- Norman Braman, car dealerships, $1.6 billion (931st)
- Edmund Ansin, Sunbeam Communications (owners of WSVN), $1.2 billion (1175th)
- Peter Lewis, Insurance, $1.2 billion (1175th)
- Jorge Perez, developer, $1.2 billion (1175th)
Florida's richest woman, by the way, is Charlotte Colket Weber, heiress to the Campbell Soup fortune, current director of the company, and a Hobe Sound resident.
To see a full list of Florida's (and the world's) billionaire, visit Forbes.