If you're trying to impress a client or treat a valued employee to lunch, try Miami Spice.
The program, in which more than 200 of Miami's finest establishments offer three-course lunch deals for only $23, runs through September 30.
The five restaurants below are noted for their generous menus and sophisticated settings. Tax and tip are not included in the prices, and reservations are strongly recommended.
1. Novikov. At this chic, expansive Asian-fusion eatery, your toughest decision will be selecting only two of the dozen appetizers and main courses. Start with the saffron sweet corn or shrimp cilantro dumplings, the salmon avocado roll, or pork skewers. Then move on to the robata hanger steak, Peking duck, or
2. Cipriani. Lunch at Cipriani includes panoramic views of Biscayne Bay. First courses include octopus carpaccio with celery olive oil and lemon and a creamy cucumber salad with sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and avocado. Entrées include homemade pasta gnocchi al
3. Boulud Sud Miami. This Mediterranean-themed eatery, located on the first floor of the downtown JW Marriott Marquis, offers bright food in a sophisticated setting. For Spice, Boulud Sud offers starters such as Andalusian gazpacho, muhammara with pita, and salad
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Estiatorio Milos by Costas Spiliadis. This refined SoFi restaurant offers appetizers such as a Greek mezze plate and a tomato salad with barrel-aged feta cheese and kalamata olives. For a taste of the sea, order the bigeye tuna tartare or grilled octopus served with Santorini fava purée (an extra $10 each). Entrées include the dorado royale, Faroe islands organic salmon, bigeye tuna with baby beets, and Australian lamb chops. Real Greek yogurt and a seasonal fruit platter are served for dessert. 730 First St., Miami Beach; 305-604-6800; milos.ca. Miami Spice is offered for lunch daily.
5. Los Fuegos by Francis Mallmann. An oceanfront location, fire-based cooking, and grandiose decor are hallmarks of this sophisticated Argentine restaurant, located inside the Faena Hotel. The Spice menu lists chilled red beet soup, black and blue salmon, and grilled sweet corn for first courses. A classic