When you scrolled through your Facebook and Twitter timelines this weekend, how many updates would you say involved food?
A lot. We know.
If there isn't someone rambling on about the presidential election or showing off that they're getting their nails done or working out at the gym, the most common thing we see are photos of food. Or posts about food. Or posts about photos of food. Or hilarious memes.
We've compiled a list of the five best that we found, but we're reaching out to you to comment with your favorite food meme. Post a link to your favorite in the comments section below, and we'll make a reader's choice list later this week.
Happy hunting! (But in the meantime, click ahead for some laughs.)
5. If anyone knows this man, come forward and give us some contact information about him. He's perfect profile material. Whether this is a prime example of the American way or not, it's still pretty hilarious that someone would ink themselves with the most caloric fast-food chains in the nation. We know, we know, the image could be fake, but it's far too good not to believe it. By the way, did anyone else notice that he forgot Wendy's? Maybe it's under a flap.
4. Those who think the dog-and-cat rumors about Chinese restaurants absurd would find this funny. Those who buy into it would find it rational. Either way, if the rumors were true, we wouldn't blame this poor pooch for finding the placement of these establishments highly suspicious.
3. Sometimes you just gotta let go. Like this guy, for example. Who knows what kinds of bacteria and parasites are swimming into him right now, but he's got himself a beer, his toes are curled, and there's not a thing in the world that's gonna dampen his day (pun not intended). Hell, by the looks of his situation, we might muster up the courage to throw on a waterproof hazmat suit and join him.
2. No need to brush up on your Russian history to understand this meme (unless you really don't understand it). But whoever came up with this play on the KFC logo was a genius. We've seen other memes with a scrawled drawing of Stalin and the same caption under it. But this is far better. Like, if you saw this on a greasy brown paper bag, you totally wouldn't question its legitimacy.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. Ah, have you gotten your daily fix of reflective sexy beast this morning? It's a good thing you're seeing this, then. Because there's nothing quite like flattering yourself with the ol' "you are what you eat" saying. Just don't eat leftovers. That can't be good for your self-esteem.