If you're feeling energetic — quit bragging — you could of course venture outside and walk or whatever. Whether you're ready to take Monday by the balls or plan to hibernate until Tuesday, we've got a crop of free fun to stimulate your post-weekend brains.
- Downtown Farmers Market at Arsht Center: Keep your Monday fresh and lazily stroll the market.
- "Kindsight" at FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios: Take a final view of this celebration of everyday life through combined words and images today at the FIU space.
- "Journeys: A Dialogue with Time" at MDC-MOAD: Be sure to view this series of works by Cuban sculptor Florencio Gelabert before the exhibit closing August 16.
- Downtown Miami: The Ground Beneath Our Feet at MDC-MOAD: This is your last week to view this one-of-a-kind artists book created by 24 south Florida writers and artists.
- Coming to America at Shirley's: Eddie Murphy in his glory days, Arsenio Hall in drag, and James Earl Jones as an African king pre-Lion King days. If you haven't seen this movie, fix it.
- Scratch & Sniff at Canvas Miami: A night with three DJs, six turntables, local bites, and craft beer. Send that RSVP!
- Nerd Nite Miami at Gramps: Explore the Uncanny Valley — also known as our specific aversion to human-like robots — the future of In Vitro, and the recent outpouring of board game love.
- Voleur (thief) at Dimensions Variable: Don't miss the final performance from Jamilah Sabur and Andy Robert, in conjunction with the art space's last downtown Miami exhibition, "Sounds Like."
- Adam's Rib at Wolfsonian: Another celebration of ladies taking charge in film, this movie stars Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn as Adam and Amanda Bonner, a husband-and-wife attorney team, both drawn to a case of attempted murder.