Setting The County Record Straight
With the news that Miami-Dade County Manager George Burgess is using county resources to help "set the record straight" about all the great and wonderful things he and his clan of bureaucrats do for us ungrateful residents, Banana Republican thought we'd go ahead and remind everyone about the disgustingly rich executive salaries these jokers make.
If you're still on the fence about recalling Mayor Carlos Alvarez and County Commissioner Natacha Seijas, we present to you a list of the highest paid county executives forwarded to us by a loyal reader:
1. Burgess - $422,118 *
2. Alvarez - $315,462 **
3. Assistant County Manager Alina Hudak - $264,343
4. Assistant County Manager Ysela Llort - $260,970
5. Assistant County Manager Alex Munoz - $199,941
6. Executive Assistant Henry Sori - $167,472
7. Special Assistant Howard Piper - $158,054
8. Communications Director Vicki Mallette - $136,019 ***
9. BNC Regional Coordinator Suzanne Salichs - $123,931
10. County Manager Assistant Matthew Pinzur - $119,488
11. County Manager Assistant Ana Bustamante - $115,147
12. County Manager Assistant Mario Morlote - $114,719
13. Mayor's Scheduler and Assistant Delivette Gonzalez - $110,337
14. County Manager Assistant Liliana Collazo - $110,166
15. Mayor's Special Advisor Luis Andre Gazitua - $107,110
16. County Manager Assistant Lourdes Gomez - $105,679
17. Policy and Legislative Affairs Director Robert Villar - $104,428
* Burgess is the highest paid county manager in the nation. His
salary, which is determined by the Mayor, exceeds that of the President
of the United States.
** Does not include Alvarez's FRS pension (approximately $200,000 each
year) that he currently receives after retiring from his MDPD Director
position. According to his most recent financial disclosure report,
Alvarez has a net worth of $1.74 million despite having only worked in
the public sector during his career.
*** Alvarez gave Mallette a 54% pay increase after telling taxpayers that everyone must make sacrifices.
Note: Not a single person on this list was hired through a competitive selection process.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter