News Roundup: Lil Wayne Gets Eight Root Canals
- Lil Wayne had his sentencing delayed so he could return to Miami for oral surgery. Well, TMZ said he underwent a marathon session yesterday and got eight -- yes, eight! -- root canals. You'd think that would be punishment enough for his weapon charges, but he'll still likely spend eight months to a year in jail. [TMZ]
- Mayor Tomás Regalado might keep City Manager Pete Hernandez in that post after all, depending on whether he sees what he likes when he gets a clear picture of city finances. [Herald]
- The man who caused a plane delay at MIA for yelling, "Kill all Jews," was sentenced to three months' probation. [Herald]
- American Airlines will resume commercial flights from Miami to Haiti this morning. [WSVN]
- Miami-Dade passed a new wage theft ordinance that will make it easier for workers to sue employers who don't pay them. [MercuryNews]
- College baseball kicks off this weekend when the Hurricanes host Rutgers for a three-game series. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident