News Roundup: Lil Wayne Gets Eight Root Canals
- Lil Wayne had his sentencing delayed so he could return to Miami for oral surgery. Well, TMZ said he underwent a marathon session yesterday and got eight -- yes, eight! -- root canals. You'd think that would be punishment enough for his weapon charges, but he'll still likely spend eight months to a year in jail. [TMZ]
- Mayor Tomás Regalado might keep City Manager Pete Hernandez in that post after all, depending on whether he sees what he likes when he gets a clear picture of city finances. [Herald]
- The man who caused a plane delay at MIA for yelling, "Kill all Jews," was sentenced to three months' probation. [Herald]
- American Airlines will resume commercial flights from Miami to Haiti this morning. [WSVN]
- Miami-Dade passed a new wage theft ordinance that will make it easier for workers to sue employers who don't pay them. [MercuryNews]
- College baseball kicks off this weekend when the Hurricanes host Rutgers for a three-game series. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys