- Stocks soared yesterday (over 10,000!), but not for Miami Herald owner McClatchy. Revenue is down 23 percent from a year ago. [Bloomberg]
- Jaclyn Torrealba's mom pleas with youngsters to listen to their parents. [Crimesider]
- You know what just sounds so appetizing right now? A gator burger. Thankfully, one of the largest gator-processing plants in the state is in Hallendale. [CBS4]
- Norman Braman, brave hater of baseball, lost yet another appeal in his fight against the Marlins stadium. It might be time to give up on that, Norm. [CBS4]
- The Miami Heat doesn't care about adding more star players -- it'll make do with its untested young-uns, thank you very much. [USAToday]
- Here is an inspiring story about Michael Greco, UCF player from Miami, who will probably watch his team get clobbered by the school he grew up admiring. [OSent]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)