- The kids are not alright. A Broward first-grader held a knife to a classmate for a dollar. [Herald]
- 69% of Americans are totally cool with gay adoption. Nearly 3/4 favor some kind of legal recognition for gay relationships. [Sun-Sentinel]
Florida's Environmental Regulation Commission voted 6-1 to up auto emissions standards by 23% in 2013. [Herald]
- All sorts of people who love seeing their names in red, white and blue on campaign signs are salivating at the idea that the 2010 senate race is now wide open. [CBS4]
- Jeb M'Fing Bush is one of those drooling over the prospect. Just when we thought we had finally seen the last of elected Bushes. [Politico]
- Speaking of our former Govs/Senators, Bob Graham is advising Obama on WMDs. [Naked Politics]
- Did you know there are a lot of Cubans in this city? Apparently their views towards foreign policy regarding Cuba are changing in that a majority would like to end the embargo, and perhaps this new person we have elected president will do something about it. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next