February's food scene continued to flourish despite the postponement of the South Beach Wine & Food Festival, which was pushed back to May 2021.
Notable newcomers include Chela's Beer Garden in Miami Lakes and Cervecería La Tropical, which offers classic Cuban-born beers and a modern food menu by chef Cindy Hutson.
Miami may have said goodbye to Fooq's, but the diminutive downtown favorite has made way for Eleventh Street Pizza.
Coming in March: Look out for Sam Gorenstein's Abba Telavivian Kitchen.
- Casa Isola. 1418 20th St.., Miami Beach; 786-558-5787; casaisolamiami.com.
- Cervecería La Tropical. 42 NE 25th St., Miami; cervecerialatropical.com.
- Chela's Beer Garden. 15301 NW 67th Ave., Miami Lakes; 786-558-9393; chelasbeergarden.com.
- Cote Miami. 3900 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-434-4668; cotemiami.com.
- Eleventh Street Pizza. 1035 N. Miami Ave., Miami; eleventhstreetpizza.com.
- The Gramercy. 65 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 786-7522-3878; heavenmykonos.com.
- Luca Osteria. 116 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables; 305- 381-5097; lucamiami.com.
- Mrs. Balloo. At the Wharf Fort Lauderdale. 20 W. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-372-76064; wharfftl.com.
- Man vs. Fries. Delivery only; manvsfriescom.
- Moxy Hotel South Beach. 915 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-600-4292; marriott.com.
- Osteria Morini. 1750 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-918-1037; osteriamorini.com.
- Pilo's Tequila Garden. 158 NW 24th St., Miami; pilostacos.com.
- Salt & Straw. 246 NW 25th St., Miami; saltandstraw.com.
- The Salty on Lincoln Road. 700 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; saltydonut.com.
- Abba Telavivian Kitchen - Coming to SoFi
- Afishionado - Jeremy Ford to open seafood restaurant
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Avra Estiatorio Miami at the Estates at Acqualina - Opening soon
- The Baked Bear - Coming to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Barbakoa - Eileen Andrade opening a restaurant at the Doral Yard
- Benh Mi - Opening soon
- Biscayne Bay Brewing - Opening a location, in downtown Miami
- Bonci - Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Botanico Gin - Opening in CocoWalk
- Brasamasa - Opening in downtown Miami
- Ceiba - Mead coming to Miami
- Champion Burger - New burger concept from the Coyo Taco people
- Delray Beach Market - Massive food hall opening soon
- Dogfish Head - Opening up in former Concrete Beach space
- Esmé Miami Beach - opening March 2021
- Esplanade at Aventura - New dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Jarana and more
- Firestone Garage - Three concepts under one roof by Groot Hospitality
- Gramps 2 - Opening soon
- Gramps by the Sea - Opening 2021
- Icebox Cafe - Opening in the Falls
- Ironside Bakery - Fresh bread coming to Miami
- La Bottega. Opening in 2021
- Lan Halo Halo Snack Shack - Halo halo coming to Miami
- Los Chinos - Opening in Brickell City Centre
- Los Felix and Krus Kitchen - Both opening in Coconut Grove
- The Loyal - New York brasserie coming to Miami
- Manjay - Opening food truck and brick and mrtar.
- Margot - Bar Lab opening a wine bar in downtown Miami (pop-up now open)
- Marlins Park Beer Garden - The baseball stadium will get a beer garden
- Off Site - Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) opening a nanobrewery in Little Haiti
- Osteria Morini - Opening at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar
- Pura Vida - Opening in West Palm Beach
- Sexy Fish - Opening in Brickell
- Shoma Bazaar - Food hall opening in Doral
- Sky Yard Rooftop + Bar - Opening at the Lincoln Eatery
- South Beach Brewing Company - Opening soon
- Sushi Garage - Opening in CocoWalk
- Sweetgreen - Healthy chain opening Miami locations
- Trader Joe's - Sources say locations are opening in Coral Gables and Edgewater.
- Tropezon - Tapas bar opening in South Beach
- True Food Kitchen - Health-driven restaurant and bar opening at the Falls
- Whole Foods Market - Proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
- Yeasty Brews - New brewery celebrating the fermentation process
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.