The Nine Times Oscar Isaac Made Us Swoon in December
It seems that Oscar Isaac has had a busy December. Earlier in the month, his latest short film, Ticky Tacky, was released as the short of the week on ShortoftheWeek.com. Then, he received his second Golden Globe nomination for his work as Nick Wasicsko on HBO's miniseries, Show Me a Hero. The first official trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse was released (in which he plays the titular character). He also had time during his press tour for Star Wars to sit with New Times and play some video games with his younger brother. GQ revealed Isaac as their cover model for their January 2016 issue. And, last week, he attended the world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
We imagine that Isaac is pretty tired at this point, maybe even resting on a remote island somewhere away from camera flashes and the Internet. But for those of us who can't get enough of Isaac — and since December 2015 is clearly unofficially Oscar Isaac month — we've compiled the best times the heartthrob has made us swoon in the last four weeks.
9. The time his X-Men: Apocalypse trailer was released and we heard his thunderous, wonderful voice and saw he blue himself.
8. The time he was nominated for his second Golden Globe award and we remembered how well he could pull off that hair and mustache combo.
Isaac as Nick Wasicsko in Show Me a Hero
Courtesy of HBO
7. The time he was on Jimmy Kimmel and adorably took his family with him and gave them a little shout out.
6. The time he thoroughly enjoyed a
5. The time his January 2016 GQ cover was revealed.
4. The time he sang along with his Star Wars co-stars and the Roots on Jimmy Fallon to the famed Star Wars theme songs.
3. The time he was interviewed by his brother and played Street Fighter at J. Wakefield Brewing.
2. The time he giggled while Carrie Fisher interviewed him on the red carpet during the world premiere of The Force Awakens in L.A.
1. The time he sang an acoustic song about Star Wars.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now playing in theaters. X-Men: Apocalypse opens in theaters summer 2016.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.