New Times' Iron Fork is set to take over the Hyatt Regency Miami tonight, October 3, for an evening of food from favorite local restaurants as well as the signature culinary showdown.
Phuc Yea's Cesar Zapata will face the Brick: American Kitchen & Bar's Aaron Arditti onstage in Miami's ultimate cooking challenge. Each chef has paired with a culinary influencer who will serve as a sous-chef. Chat Chow's Gio Gutierrez will represent Team Zapata, while May I Take a Bite's May Alvarez will represent Team Arditti.
The competition, hosted by celebrity chef Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco), will see the chefs cooking dishes for judges Todd Erickson (the Todd's Catering and Events), Danny Serfer (Blue Collar), Brian Nasajon (Beaker & Gray), and Laine Doss (Miami New Times). The victorious chef will win the Iron Fork Skillet of Excellence and bragging rights.
Iron Fork will also present a people's choice award. Attendees can vote for their favorite bites of the evening, and the winning restaurant will receive a special honor. To help you plan your eating strategy, here's a list of participating eateries and what they'll serve (dishes are subject to change):
- 107 Steak & Bar- picanha steak with guasacaca and shrimp a la diabola
- 109 Burger Joint - TBA
- Bar Nancy/ Monsieur Poutine - crab bites, pulled pork poutine, beignets, and Buffalo chicken sliders
- Brain Freeze Nitrogen Ice Cream - Nitro ice cream
- Bombay Darbar - TBA
- Dr. Limon -TBA
- Ella's Oyster Bar/ Kome Aji Sushi - house-smoked fish dip with Cuban crackers and salmon poke
- Ember Miami - TBA
- Estiatorio Milos - TBA
- Gelato Go - gelato
- HBK Burger - TBA
- Japan Inn - TBA
- La Mesa - watermelon ceviche and pan con lechón
- Los Ranchos Steakhouse - tenderloin beef fajitas with gallo pinto
- Matador Room - TBA
- Miami N' Ice - TBA
- Mimmo's Mozzarella -TBA
- Nabati - TBA
- New York Chinese Buffet -TBA
- Olivia - TBA
- Pez - mini tostada clasica de pescado
- Pink Pie - mini pies
- Planet 57- mofongo with carne frita
- Rakija Lounge - TBA
- Rodilla - TBA
- San Bernardo Ice Cream - ice cream
- Sala'o Cuban Bar & Pescaderia - TBA
- Sette Osteria - orecchiette Pugliese
- SilversSpot Cinema - vaca frita tostones and Mexican peanut pie
- Souviou Wine Bar - TBA
- Top Golf Miami Gardens - TBA
- Vacillate Wine Bar - meatballs in tomato fig sauce
- Vicky Bakery - TBA
- Barton G. the Restaurant Miami Beach - maple and waffle panna cotta, chicken cracklings with honey Buffalo sauce and ale beer foam
- Shimuja - TBA
- Shokudo - TBA
- Three Wynwood - TBA
- Drunken Dragon - tuna tataki pizza
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Tickets cost $40 for general admission in advance and $50 at the door if they're not sold out. VIP tickets cost $70 in advance and $80 at the door if they're not sold out. General admission includes entry to the event at 7 p.m.; unlimited samples from participating restaurants; access to cash bars in the GA area offering wine, beer, and spirits by Estrella Damm beer, Ziami Rum, Blue Martini, Tito's vodka, Riboli Wine Estates, Barcelo Rum, and Strega Mule; entertainment; and the Iron Fork culinary competition. At the door, tickets for this 21-and-over event will cost $50 for general admission and $80 for VIP if they're still available. Purchase tickets at newtimesironfork.com.
VIP ticketholders have access to all of the GA food and fun, entrance to the VIP lounge with complimentary drinks in that area, food from exclusive restaurants, and early entry to the event at 6 p.m.
A portion of all proceeds will benefit Special Olympics of Florida, so you can feel good about your evening in more ways than one.
New Times' Iron Fork Presented by Wild Fork Foods. 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday, October 3, at James L. Knight Center and Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami. Tickets cost $40 to $80 via newtimesironfork.com.