- Michelle Spence-Jones pleaded not guilty to theft charges and, of course, plans to run for her city commission seat again. [CBS4]
- Police are on the hunt for someone who released thousands of ladybugs in the VIP room at Art Basel. [NBCMiami]
- A man stole a $1 million painting. Police caught the suspect but can't find the art. By the way, this has no connection to Art Basel -- it's just regular South Florida shenanigans. [CBS4]
- Alvin Mitchell, a Miami native and college basketball player in West Virginia, was shot three times outside his dorm room last night. He's in serious condition. [NBCMiami]
- The cops brought out a lot of scary-looking guns to prepare for protecting the Orange Bowl, Super Bowl, and Pro Bowl. [AP]
- The Heat lost by a painful 114-96 to the Denver Nuggets. [Herald]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.