Winter is a time for food that warms the body and soul. Though the Magic City never gets properly cold — temps sometimes dip below 60 degrees as the sun dips below the horizon — this is the time of year to find comfort in more substantial dishes: cozy soups, hearty meats, creamy pastas, and decadent desserts. Below is a list of Miami's top winter eats to cheer you up and brighten the days before spring arrives.
1. No Name Chinese. Succulent steak is a house specialty at No Name Chinese, and the rib eye, served with bulgogi vinaigrette, soba noodles, and pickled ginger and finished with kimchee, is the perfect winter meal to share ($58). 7400 SW 57th Ct., South Miami; 786-577-0734; nonamechinese.com.
2. Semilla Eatery & Bar. Executive chef/owner Frederic Joulin serves an onion soup au gratin that will warm your belly and leave you longing for your next sojourn in Paris. The classic baked French onion soup is made with vegetable stock, cognac, toasted bread, and melted Gruyère cheese ($12). 1330 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305- 674-6522; semillamiami.com.
3. Pisco y Nasca. This winter, the modern Peruvian
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4. Macchialina. Polenta is a nutritious, gluten-free Italian winter staple. At Macchialina, the dish is the perfect canvas for a main of Proper Sausages' duck and pork sausage perfectly paired with Brussels sprouts and chestnuts ($16). 820 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-2124; macchialina.com.
5. Big Easy Wine Bar & Grill. Chocolate is a favorite winter flavor, and this South African-inspired eatery offers a mouthwatering option that embraces all that a cold-weather dessert should be. Calories won't matter when you taste the rich, moist Nutella bread pudding — a combination of hazelnut-chocolate spread, salted caramel, and croissants topped with whipped cream ($10). 701 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-814-5955;