Wynwood Brewing Co. Founders' Favorite Miami Restaurants for Drinking Beer
This year, father-and-son team Luis G. and Luis C. Brignoni debuted the first craft brewery in Miami, Wynwood Brewing Company. Here, in their own words, are their favorite spots for drinking suds around town.
1. The Butcher Shop: "It's an all-in-one in Wynwood: a restaurant, shop, and beer garden. The choice of draft beers is excellent, and Sausage Saturdays are a fantastic time to enjoy pairings with both. Just sit down, choose your sausages and beers, and you're set."
2. Wynwood Kitchen & Bar: "Chef Miguel Aguilar prepared an amazing pairing with our beers a month ago. He's a master at knowing what flavors from his kitchen go best with beers. From appetizers to desserts, the pairings were delicious."
3. B&S Gastropub: "The people behind B&S love to experiment with suckling pigs, mac 'n' cheese, seafood, and everything else. We love the possibilities available to try different flavors and pair them with beer. On Thursdays, they have a $4 all-night draft beer special, so it's a perfect day to enjoy their selections."
4. Artisan: "Artisan in Key Biscayne is a must-try for tapas and beer. It has a casual, fun, and great ambiance. We like to pair different brews with their flavorful tapas like sliders, arepas, and skewers."
5. OTC: "Chef Jacob Anaya takes OTC's craft beer selection very seriously, and he prepares the menu to complement it. The atmosphere is fun and social, which is very inviting to spend time with friends and colleagues."
6. Sergio's: "Once in a while, we want some great Cuban food, and Sergio's is our choice for a Sunday afternoon. No matter which location you visit, they always have the same good food quality and service. They've started to introduce more draft beers, and that's a nice addition to their menu."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- November 2015 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Jennifer Rubell's Art Basel Breakfasts Are Feasts for the Soul
- Verde at PAMM Chef Kaytlin Brakefield Creates Exhibit-Inspired Menu