Niven Patel, named one of Food & Wine magazine’s 2020 Best New Chefs, has already earned the respect of Miami with his first restaurant, Ghee (also on this year’s list). With Mamey, he showcases the flavors of the tropics. Bahamian conch fritters, Trinidadian roti, and Puerto Rican tostones all find a place on the menu, which is highlighted by produce grown at Patel’s own Rancho Patel, a farm he started in 2014 that supplies his restaurants with freshly harvested produce, from eggplants to beets, avocados, mangos, and herbs. If that isn’t enough to draw you in, how about a drink? The folks at Miami’s Bar Lab created the cocktail menu to complement Patel’s dishes.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Required
- Parking: Garage available, On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Private Group Dining
- Use restaurant website to order/pay