Well hello, September. You elusive minx. We missed you and your (potentially) better weather. Summer flew by in a sweat-soaked blur. BUT IT'S ALMOST OVER.
In the meantime, here's some stuff to do this week, including Monday holiday perks.
- Free admission at PAMM: In honor of Labor Day, Metromover riders can score free entrance to downtown's architectural and artistic hub.
- Begin Again screening at AMC Theaters: If you're into dudes, there's Adam Levine. Chicks, Keira Knightly. Either way, the flick's got something for everyone.
- Miami Beach INcard's fifth anniversary celebration at the Miami Beach Convention Center: The beach is throwing a bash to celebrate five years of INcards. Eat, drink, and maybe win stuff
- Brickell neighborhood mixer at Toscana Divino: If you reside in a Brickell high-rise, now's your chance to meet the neighbors. Rub elbows with Mayor Tomas Regalado, Chelin, and Alfredo Duran and State Representative Jose Javier Rodriguez.
- The Art of 3D Printing at LMNT: If the idea of 3D printing gets you all jazzed up in a the-future-is-here kinda way, meet up with fellow enthusiasts and learning a little more about this amazing technology. Oh, and 3D printed selfies. Seriously.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.