Happy Monday, Miamians. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
Art Workshop at Vizcaya: Participants will collaborate to build large-scale pieces that will be featured in a performance July 30. Registration is required.
- Murk Mondays at Coyo: Head to the Wynwood taqueria's hidden bar for underground house music, tacos, and tequila.
FitCamp Classes in South Beach: Head to 23rd Street and Collins Avenue for a free South Beach FitCamp class. Call 305-587-8220.
- Free Movie at Cobb Theatres: Snag a free screening of Smurfs 2 at 10 a.m.
- Green Monkey Yoga at Collins Park at Bass Museum: Grab a mat and head to the Beach for a free yoga session at 6 p.m.
Tropical BBQ Featuring Magic City Hippies at the Filling Station Lofts: Spend the evening supporting local talent with live jams by city favorites Magic City Hippies, with an opening set by Sigh Kicks.
- Jazz at Ball & Chain: Jam out with Latin Grammy Award winner Dr. Ed Calle.
Critical Mass at Government Center: Bust out the wheels and explore Miami's streets.
- Viernes Culturales at Maximo Gomez "Domino" Park: Visit Little Havana the last Friday of the month and you’ll find yourself transported by a rhythmic, cafecito-fueled spectacle reminiscent of the tropical carnival processions of Cuba’s golden age.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.